IRS Forms 3520: Foreign Trust Reporting Requirements
This program has been approved NASBA & IRS CPE Credit 2(Taxes)
International Tax: All About Foreign Trusts
The Internal Revenue Service has become increasingly aggressive in penalty assessments against taxpayers failing to file required international information forms. Outside the FBAR, the largest information return exposures (as to financial penalties) come from failures to file Forms 3520.
This program will give detailed background on circumstances where the form is required, as well as cover applicable penalties. We'll then analyze how to best approach penalty mitigation/elimination for clients' assessed penalties.
- Identify when a taxpayer has a foreign reporting obligation.
- Who must file a Form 3520-A or ensure that a Form 3520-A is filed;
- When and where the Form 3520-A must be filed
- Recognize the circumstances in which the form is required
- Determine the applicable penalties
- Evaluate how to best approach penalty mitigation/elimination for clients' assessed penalties
Credits and Other information:
- Recommended CPE credit – 2.0
- Recommended field of study – Taxes
- Session Prerequisites and preparation: None
- Session learning level: Basic
- Location: Virtual/Online
- Delivery method: Group Internet Based
- IRS Course ID: PJGWS
- Attendance Requirement: Yes
- Session Duration: 2 Hours
- Case Studies and Live Q&A session with speaker
- PowerPoint presentation for reference
Who Will Benefit:
- Tax Attorneys
- Tax Compliance Managers
- Tax Compliance Officers
- Enrolled Agents
- Finance professional
- Other Tax Professionals
Coder Archives is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.